"Nambu" Ironware teapot
[Available after mid April, 2019]
"Nambu (meaning southern) Ironware," with over 350 years of history, has in recent years been gaining worldwide popularity. It is said that it started when a teapot craftsman was invited from Kyoto to the old Nanbu feudal domain (now Morioka, Iwate Prefecture). Also, even in Oshu city, in the southern part of the Prefecture, the production of castings for everyday articles was thriving from the end of the Heian period (circa. 1185AD). A teapot that evokes the feeling of "wabi-sabi," the feeling of transience and imperfection unique to Japan, and which features the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games emblem and is fully colored with the dark blue colour to symbolise the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. With the mellow tea that can only be tasted in teapots made with iron from southern part of Iwate Prefecture, this product will give peace not only to people within Japan but also to everyone visiting Japan from the world over.
* Please do not apply directly to flames, as this might affect the paint on the surface.
* Induction cookers / scrubbing brushes cannot be used.
* Please wipe lightly with a cloth when removing moisture.
* Please note that the colour and texture of the actual product may look slightly different from the photograph. We kindly ask for your understanding in advance.
Materials: cast iron
Size: W7.0in x D7.0in x 3.5in (18cm x 18cm x 9cm)
Manufacturing country: Japan
Shipping fee (Tax included)
- Miyagi ⁄ Yamagata ⁄ Fukushima
- Ibaraki ⁄ Tochigi ⁄ Gunma ⁄ Saitama ⁄ Chiba ⁄ Kanagawa ⁄ Tokyo ⁄ Yamanashi
- Niigata ⁄ Nagano
- Toyama ⁄ Ishikawa ⁄ Fukui
- Shizuoka ⁄ Aichi ⁄ Mie ⁄ Gifu
- Aomori ⁄ Akita ⁄ Iwate
- Osaka ⁄ Kyoto ⁄ Shiga ⁄ Nara ⁄ Wakayama ⁄ Hyogo
- Okayama ⁄ Hiroshima ⁄ Yamaguchi ⁄ Tottori ⁄ Shimane
- Kagawa ⁄ Tokushima ⁄ Ehime ⁄ Kochi
- Fukuoka ⁄ Saga ⁄ Nagasaki ⁄ Kumamoto ⁄ Oita ⁄ Miyazaki ⁄ Kagoshima
The shipment will be made roughly three business days after the date following the confirmation of the deposit.
*We kindly ask for your understanding that there is the possibility of a delay if there is a high volume of orders.