"Nambu" Ironware teapot
[Available after mid April, 2019]
"Nambu (meaning southern) Ironware," with over 350 years of history, has in recent years been gaining worldwide popularity. It is said that it started when a teapot craftsman was invited from Kyoto to the old Nanbu feudal domain (now Morioka, Iwate Prefecture). Also, even in Oshu city, in the southern part of the Prefecture, the production of castings for everyday articles was thriving from the end of the Heian period (circa. 1185AD). A teapot that evokes the feeling of "wabi-sabi," the feeling of transience and imperfection unique to Japan, and which features the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games emblem and is fully colored with the dark blue colour to symbolise the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games. With the mellow tea that can only be tasted in teapots made with iron from southern part of Iwate Prefecture, this product will give peace not only to people within Japan but also to everyone visiting Japan from the world over.
* Please do not apply directly to flames, as this might affect the paint on the surface.
* Induction cookers / scrubbing brushes cannot be used.
* Please wipe lightly with a cloth when removing moisture.
* Please note that the colour and texture of the actual product may look slightly different from the photograph. We kindly ask for your understanding in advance.
Materials: cast iron
Size: W7.0in x D7.0in x 3.5in (18cm x 18cm x 9cm)
Manufacturing country: Japan
Shipping and receiving purchased products
Please note the Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop only ships goods within Japan.
We only accept orders from customers who can receive purchased products within Japan.
Please give a plenty of time allowance for delivery. It takes between 3 and 6 business days* for the purchased products to arrive after the date of order.
*Shipping time varies depending on the area and place of addressee.
Please refer to “Shipping Fees and Shipping Time” on each product page for more details.
*Please refer to “Shipping Fees and Days Required for Delivery” for more details.
*Shipping time may be affected by traffic and weather conditions.
*Cash-on-delivery services are not accepted for deliveries to hotels, inns or Airbnb, since the purchased products cannot be delivered directly to the customer.
*Returns and exchanges will not be accepted for purchased items.
Please check your items carefully before purchasing.
Shipping Fee・Delivery Time
Delivery Address(prefectures) Shipping Fee
Estimated Delivery Time
(after date of order)
- Miyagi ⁄ Yamagata ⁄ Fukushima
- Ibaraki ⁄ Tochigi ⁄ Gunma ⁄ Saitama ⁄ Chiba ⁄ Kanagawa ⁄ Tokyo ⁄ Yamanashi
- Niigata ⁄ Nagano
- Toyama ⁄ Ishikawa ⁄ Fukui
- Shizuoka ⁄ Aichi ⁄ Mie ⁄ Gifu
¥677 Up to 3 business days
- Aomori ⁄ Akita ⁄ Iwate
- Osaka ⁄ Kyoto ⁄ Shiga ⁄ Nara ⁄ Wakayama ⁄ Hyogo
¥825 Between 3 and 4 business days
- Okayama ⁄ Hiroshima ⁄ Yamaguchi ⁄ Tottori ⁄ Shimane
¥935 Between 3 and 4 business days
- Kagawa ⁄ Tokushima ⁄ Ehime ⁄ Kochi
¥1,045 Between 4 and 5 business days
- Fukuoka ⁄ Saga ⁄ Nagasaki ⁄ Kumamoto ⁄ Oita ⁄ Miyazaki ⁄ Kagoshima
¥1,155 Up to 5 business days
¥1,738 Up to 6 business days
※There may be a few days of variations in shipping time depending on order status, restock status ⁄ inventory, traffic conditions, etc. We appreciate your kind understanding.
※Reserved products will be shipped once the product is back in stock.