Basic policy to protect personal information
Dentsu Inc. (hereinafter referred to as "the company") shall observe laws related to the protection of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "personal information protection laws") and strive to protect personal information based on this policy.
- 1. Acquisition and usage of personal information
- The company shall acquire personal information through appropriate procedures and clarify the usage purposes, outside of which the information shall not be used.
- 2. Restrictions on the provision of personal information to third parties
- Excluding instances in which legal requirements are met, the company shall not provide or disclose personal information to a third party without the user's prior consent.
- 3. Management of the safety of personal information
- The company shall carry out appropriate measures to manage personal information accurately and safely, while preventing its loss, manipulation, leakage, etc..
- 4. Disclosure, revision, addition, and deletion of personal information
- The company understands the rights of users to request the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, stoppage of use, erasure, etc. of their personal information and shall promptly handle these requests.
- 5. Supervision of outsourcing companies
- If a portion or the entirety of the tasks related to handling personal information is outsourced, the company shall require the outsourcing company to safely manage personal information and appropriately conduct supervision as needed.
- 6. Thorough protection of personal information
- In addition to observing personal information protection laws and other related laws and guidelines, the company shall thoroughly teach the company's executives and staff members, as well as other personnel from the outsourcing company, about the importance of protecting personal information and plan education and development regarding awareness for protecting personal information.
Handling of personal information on the site
- 1. Personal information usage purposes
- The company may use personal information for the following purposes.
- ① Preparation and operation of an online shop for the 32nd Olympic Games to be held in 2020 and the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games (hereinafter referred to as "the event"), as well as the provision of related information
- ② Operation of prize contests, campaigns, and fairs related to the event
- ③ Investigation, research, activity reports, press releases, photography, and other public relations activity related to the company or the event
- ④ Transmission and provision of advertisements regarding the site
- ⑤ Transmission of direct emails and email newsletters
- ⑥ Handling of various inquiries
- 2. Provision of personal information to third parties
- (1) With the user's consent, the company may provide personal information to the Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, International Olympic Committee, International Paralympic Committee, Japanese Olympic Committee, Japanese Paralympic Committee, Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and municipalities related to the event or surrounding events, but personal information shall not be shared to a third party without the user's consent. However, in the following instances, personal information may be shared without the user's consent to an extent that is not in violation of related laws.
- ① It is compliant with laws
- ② It is necessary in order to protect the life, physical condition, or assets of an individual, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent
- ③ It is specifically necessary in order to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent
- ④ It is necessary in order to support a government organization, a local public organization, or an individual who has been contracted by either of the following to carry out legal tasks, and obtaining the user's consent may negatively affect these tasks
- ⑤ Personal information is provided for the inheritance of business due to a merger or other reason
- ⑥ A portion or the entirety of the handling of personal information is contracted to a third party within the range necessary to accomplish the usage purposes
- (2) The company may store or manage various information, including personal information, on overseas servers for the preparation and operation of the event.
- 3. Changes, ETC. to personal information
- If you would like your personal information to be disclosed, edited, added, or deleted or if you would like to be notified of the usage purposes or stop the usage or provision of personal information to a third party (hereinafter referred to as "disclosed, etc."), please reach out to us through the below inquiry contact and submit your request following the procedures we have established separately. In this instance, the company will confirm your identity using personally identifiable information (name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, etc.). Please reach out to the below inquiry contact for details. However, we may not handle the disclosure, etc. of personal information in the following instances.
- ① The life, physical condition, assets, or other rights and interests of the user or a third party may be put in risk
- ② The company's ability to appropriately carry out tasks may be hindered significantly
- ③ Other laws would be violated
- In addition, if significant costs would be incurred in order to delete or stop the usage or provision to a third party of personal information (hereinafter referred to as "stoppage of use, etc.") or the stoppage of use, etc. of personal information would be difficult, we may not handle the stoppage of use, etc. of personal information if we implement alternate measures necessary to protect the rights and interests of the individual.
- 4. Inquiry contact
- Please direct any inquiries regarding the company's handling of personal information to the following.
- Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop contact inquiry Email: email@example.com
Revised on January 17th, 2019