Basic policy to protect personal information
Dentsu Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") shall observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act") and strive to protect personal information pursuant to this Policy.
- 1. Acquisition and usage of personal information
- The Company shall acquire personal information through appropriate procedures such as by clarifying the usage purposes, and not use such information other than for such purposes.
- 2. Restrictions on the provision of personal information to third parties
- Excluding instances in which legal requirements are met, the Company shall not provide or disclose personal information to a third party without the user's prior consent.
- 3. Management of the safety of personal information
- The Company shall manage personal information accurately and safely, and take appropriate measures to prevent its loss, manipulation, leakage, etc.
- 4. Disclosure, revision, addition and deletion of personal information
- The Company understands that the user has the right to request the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, etc. of personal information that can identify the user, and the Company shall promptly handle these requests.
- 5. Supervision of contractors
- If a portion or the entirety of the tasks for handling personal information is outsourced to a contractor, the Company shall require the contractor to safely manage personal information and appropriately conduct supervision as needed.
- 6. Thorough protection of personal information
- In addition to observing the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and guidelines, the Company shall thoroughly teach the Company's executives, staff members, and contractors and other interested parties about the importance of protecting personal information, and plan for the education and development of awareness for protecting personal information.
Handling of personal information on the site
- The Company hereby acknowledges the importance of protecting personal information and will appropriately handle all personal information provided to the Company pursuant to the following provisions.
- 1. What personal information does the Company collect?
- The personal information the Company collects will often be provided directly by you, and may include information you provide on registration or in the process of a purchase, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, gender, age, payment details such as credit card number. The Company may receive personal information from Tokyo 2020 website operated by the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games where this is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
Personal information that is mandatory is indicated in the relevant forms that you complete. Where provision of personal information is mandatory, if the relevant information is not provided, the Company will not be able to fulfil your requests to register or to make a purchase. All other provision of your information is optional.
- 3. Personal information usage purposes
- The Company may use personal information for the following purposes:
- ① Preparation and operation of the online shop for the 32nd Olympic Games to be held in 2020 and the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games (hereinafter referred to as the "Games"), and the provision of related information;
- ② Operation of prize contests, campaigns and fairs related to the Games;
- ③ Investigation and research, and public relations activities such as activity reports, press releases and photography related to the Company or the Games;
- ④ Transmission and provision of advertisements regarding the site;
- ⑤ Transmission of direct emails and email newsletters; and
- ⑥ Handling of various inquiries.
- Wherever the Company relies on your consent, you will be able to withdraw that consent. The Company may also process your personal information on other legal grounds to the extent permitted under applicable laws. The sending of direct marketing communications and the profiling based on your interests will be based on your consent, unless legal provisions authorize the Company to rely on other justifications such as our legitimate interests. In such case and to the extent provided by applicable law, you have the right to opt-out of direct marketing or object to the profiling the Company carry out for direct marketing. You can do this by following the instructions in the communication where this is an electronic message or by contacting the Company using the details set out below.
- 4. Provision of personal information to third parties
- (1) With the user's consent, the Company may provide personal information to the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee, the Japanese Olympic Committee, the Japanese Paralympic Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and municipalities related to the Games and events incidental to the Games, but personal information will not be provided to a third party without the user's consent. However, in the following instances, personal information may be provided without the user's consent, to an extent that is not in violation of related laws and regulations:
- ① It is under the laws and regulations;
- ② It is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent;
- ③ It is specifically necessary to improve public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent;
- ④ It is necessary in order to cooperate with a government organization, a local public organization, a person who has been contracted by either of the aforementioned to carry out tasks set forrth in the laws and regulations, and obtaining the user's consentis likely to interfere with the execution of such tasks;
- ⑤ Personal information is provided in relation with the succession of business due to a merger or other reason;
- ⑥ A portion or the entirety of the handling of personal information is contracted to a third party to the extent necessary to accomplish the usage purposes; and
- (2) The Company may store or manage various information, including personal information, on overseas servers for the preparation and operation of the Games.
- 5. Your rights
- You have the right under law to request the access to your personal information, the rectification of your inaccurate or incomplete personal information, the erasure of your personal information or to restrict its processing. To exercise such rights, please contact the below enquiry desk and make a request pursuant to the procedures separately specified by the Company. In such cases, the Company will ascertain the identity of the person by information which can identify such individual (name, address, telephone number, date of birth, email address, etc.). The Company reserves the right to request you to provide evidence (in particular copies of ID documents) allowing the Company to confirm your identity. For further details, please contact the below enquiry desk.
Please note that the Company reserves the right to decline a request to the access to your personal information, rectification of your inaccurate or incomplete personal information, the erasure of your personal information or to restrict its processing, where the legal conditions are met and in particular where the request made to the Company is manifestly unfounded or excessive, or where the requested action would violate any other laws or regulation or would be likely to harm the life, health or property or any other rights or interests of the person to whom the information pertains or a third party or to significantly impede the proper execution of our services.
If you are a resident in the EU, you also have the right to obtain the personal information you provide to the Company for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format (i.e. the right of data portability). In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information under certain conditions
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with the Company using the details set out below. If you have any unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live or work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
To comply with GDPR, the Company have appointed a European representative. If you wish to contact them, their details are as follows:
PLANIT // LEGAL
Neuer Wall 54, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
- 6. How long does the Company hold on to personal information?
- The Company will process your information until at least the closing of Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop, unless you are entitled to ask the Company to stop using your information before this point. The Company may then hold some of your information after the closing of Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims or to meet our legal requirements.
- 7. Contact for inquiries
- Please direct any inquiries regarding the Company's handling of personal information to the following:
- Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop contact for inquiries Email: email@example.com
Revised on December 17, 2019