Basic policy to protect personal information
Dentsu Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") shall observe the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act") and strive to protect personal information pursuant to this Policy.
- 1. Acquisition and usage of personal information
- The Company shall acquire personal information through appropriate procedures such as by clarifying the usage purposes, and not use such information other than for such purposes.
- 2. Restrictions on the provision of personal information to third parties
- Excluding instances in which legal requirements are met, the Company shall not provide or disclose personal information to a third party without the user's prior consent.
- 3. Management of the safety of personal information
- The Company shall manage personal information accurately and safely, and take appropriate measures to prevent its loss, manipulation, leakage, etc.
- 4. Disclosure, revision, addition and deletion of personal information
- The Company understands that the user has the right to request the disclosure, revision, addition, deletion, suspension of use, erasure, etc. of personal information that can identify the user, and the Company shall promptly handle these requests.
- 5. Supervision of contractors
- If a portion or the entirety of the tasks for handling personal information is outsourced to a contractor, the Company shall require the contractor to safely manage personal information and appropriately conduct supervision as needed.
- 6. Thorough protection of personal information
- In addition to observing the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and guidelines, the Company shall thoroughly teach the Company's executives, staff members, and contractors and other interested parties about the importance of protecting personal information, and plan for the education and development of awareness for protecting personal information.
Handling of personal information on the site
- 1. Personal information usage purposes
- The Company may use personal information for the following purposes:
- ① Preparation and operation of the online shop for the 32nd Olympic Games to be held in 2020 and the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games (hereinafter referred to as the "Games"), and the provision of related information;
- ② Operation of prize contests, campaigns and fairs related to the Games;
- ③ Investigation and research, and public relations activities such as activity reports, press releases and photography related to the Company or the Games;
- ④ Transmission and provision of advertisements regarding the site;
- ⑤ Transmission of direct emails and email newsletters; and
- ⑥ Handling of various inquiries.
- 2. Provision of personal information to third parties
- (1) With the user's consent, the Company may provide personal information to the Tokyo Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games, the International Olympic Committee, the International Paralympic Committee, the Japanese Olympic Committee, the Japanese Paralympic Committee, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, and municipalities related to the Games and events incidental to the Games, but personal information will not be provided to a third party without the user's consent. However, in the following instances, personal information may be provided without the user's consent, to an extent that is not in violation of related laws and regulations:
- ① It is under the laws and regulations;
- ② It is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of a person, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent;
- ③ It is specifically necessary to improve public health or to promote the healthy development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the user's consent;
- ④ It is necessary in order to cooperate with a government organization, a local public organization, a person who has been contracted by either of the aforementioned to carry out tasks set forrth in the laws and regulations, and obtaining the user's consentis likely to interfere with the execution of such tasks;
- ⑤ Personal information is provided in relation with the succession of business due to a merger or other reason;
- ⑥ A portion or the entirety of the handling of personal information is contracted to a third party to the extent necessary to accomplish the usage purposes; and
- (2) The Company may store or manage various information, including personal information, on overseas servers for the preparation and operation of the Games.
- 3. Changes, etc. to personal information
- If the user would like the disclosure, edit, addition, deletion suspension of use, erasure or suspension of the provision of personal information to a third party of the user's personal information(hereinafter referred to as the "Disclosures"), please contact the below contact for inquiries and submit a request according to the procedures separately established by the Company. In this instance, the Company will confirm your identity by using personally identifiable information (name, address, phone number, date of birth, email address, etc.). Please contact the below contact for inquiries for details. However, the Company may not comply with the Disclosures of personal information in the following instances:
- ① The life, body, property or other rights and interests of the user or a third party are likely to be harmed;
- ② The Company's ability to appropriately carry out tasks is likely to be significantly hindered; or
- ③ Other laws and regulations would be violated.
- In addition, if significant costs would be incurred to delete or to suspend the use or provision to a third party of personal information (hereinafter referred to as the "Suspension of Use"), or if the Suspention of Use of personal information would otherwise be difficult, the Company may not comply with the Suspension of Use of personal information when taking alternate measures that are necessary to protect the rights and interests of the user.
- 4. Contact for inquiries
- Please direct any inquiries regarding the Company's handling of personal information to the following:
- Tokyo 2020 Official Online Shop contact for inquiries Email: email@example.com
Revised on January 17, 2019